“Be inspired by great men lives through their famous passages”

“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and your discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”

11/24/2009

Criticism and Disappointment



“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.” Winston Churchill


“To bear defeat with dignity, to accept criticism with poise, to receive honors with humility -- these are marks of maturity and graciousness.” William Arthur Ward


Accept criticism and disappointment as part of life and when it comes, stand up, look it in the eye, and say, “you can’t defeat me, I am bigger than you.” You see, size does matter. The bigness of your spirit and the size of your heart often determines how you respond when critical words are said about you and people criticize your accomplishments and failures.


“Burning desire to be or do something gives us staying power - a reason to get up every morning or to pick ourselves up and start in again after a disappointment” Marsha Sinetar


Anytime I am looking to somebody else as my source, I'm coming from scarcity. I am no longer trusting God, or the Universe, for my harvest. It's reasonable for me to have expectations based on what somebody I trust has committed to. And it's natural for me to feel disappointed when that somebody doesn't come through. But when I feel more than disappointment, when I also feel anger, it's because I deviated from my truth. It's because I compromised my truth to get what somebody else promised. Because when I'm really following my truth, I will be at peace with the consequences — whatever they are. I can accept somebody else's truth, but I must live my own truth. And sometimes that means walking away from a relationship.

My friends, rise tall when criticism comes your way. Look it in the eye and say, ‘I am bigger than you, I am going to become better because of this.’


When adversity hits, when you drop the ball, know that you are bigger than the situation. Don’t make the mistake that many have made and shrink/smaller to the size of other people’s opinions, other people’s dreams, other people’s concepts of what you ought to be and do. Rise tall! Realize that you are bigger than the situation. Understand the power of posture/attitude and put yourself above the circumstance, not under it.


Think about those situations in your life that you need to rise above. Consider possible response and estimate what results you will get from them. Surprise your critics by being typical in your response.

Share your thoughts and ideas, If you like this post please Thumb This UP!



blog comments powered by Disqus