“Be inspired by great men lives through their famous passages”

“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and your discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”

12/09/2009

Upgrade Your Thinking




Think like important people think. Upgrading your thinking upgrades your actions, and this produces success.

“Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.”

 How Am I thinking? Checklist:


When I worry:
Ask Yourself
Would an important person worry about this? Would the most successful person I know be disturbed about this?

“Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.”

An Idea:
Ask Yourself
What would an important person do if he had their idea?

“An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.”

My appearance:
Ask Yourself
Do I look like someone who has maximum self-respect?

“Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill.”

My language:
Ask Yourself
Am I using the language of successful people?

“If we spoke a different language, we would perceive a somewhat different world.”
“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see” Mark Twain
“Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think about.”

What I read:

Ask Yourself

Would an important person read this?

“The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them” Mark Twain

“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.”

Conversation:
Ask Yourself
Is this something successful people would discuss?

“A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation”
“Silence is one of the great arts of conversation.”


When I lose my temper:
Ask Yourself
Would an important person get mad at what I’m mad at?

“Never do anything when you are in a temper, for you will do everything wrong.”
“Temper gets you into trouble. Pride keeps you there.”

My jokes:
Ask Yourself
Is this the kind of joke an important person would tell?

“Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about eventually will manifest in our lives.”

My job:
Ask Yourself
How does an important person describe his job to others?

“Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.”
“Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big question: Is that okay? Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.




blog comments powered by Disqus