“Be inspired by great men lives through their famous passages”

“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and your discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”

12/15/2009

A Prayer of Surrender


There is nothing more important in our life than to say "Yes" to Jesus with all our heart and soul, and then to allow the Holy Spirit to work out the meaning of that "Yes" in your life. God loves us "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.(1 John 4:16)" and will always be with us, and all His purposes for our life are good. The more we open up, yield, and simply allow ourselves to be drawn deeply into the Lord's love, the more our lives will come into right order.

Pray it now, from your heart. Pray it in your words, spontaneously, not as a ritual, but with an opening of yourself to God.


  "Loving Father, I surrender to You today with all my heart and soul. Please come into my heart in a deeper way. I open all the secret places of my heart. I believe in You and receive  You as my Lord and Savior. I hold nothing back. Holy Spirit, bring me to deeper conversion to the person of Jesus Christ. I surrender all to You: my weaknesses, my strength, my health, my family, my resources, occupation, skills, relationships, successes and failures. I surrender my understanding of how things ought to be, my choices and my will. I surrender to You the promises I have kept and the promises I have failed to keep. I surrender my emotions, my fears, my insecurities, my sexuality. I especially surrender _____________  (Continue to surrender other areas  as the Holy Spirit reveals them to you.) Lord, I surrender my entire life to You, the past, the present and the future. In sickness and in health, in life and in death, I belong to you."


     "Take, Lord, and receive, all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, all that I have and possess. You have given all to me. To You, O Lord, I return it. All is Yours. Dispose of it wholly according to Your will. Give me Your love and Your grace, for this is sufficient for me." Amen.

Other Related Articles:
A Prayer for Surrender by Rev. Marie Jones

Prayer of Surrender by Adoro te Devote

A Prayer of Surrender: Romans 6:3-7

Daily Prayer of Surrender


blog comments powered by Disqus