“Be inspired by great men lives through their famous passages”

“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and your discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”

8/15/2009

What Makes A Father To You?

A Father is a person who is loving and kind,And often he knows what you have on your mind.

He's someone who listens, suggests, and defends. A father can be one of your very best friends!

He's proud of your triumphs, but when things go wrong, A father can be patient and helpful and strong. In all that you do, a dad's love plays a part.

There's always a place for him deep in your heart. And each year that passes, you're even more glad, More grateful and proud just to call him your dad!

Thank you, Father... for listening and caring, for giving and sharing, but, especially, for just being you!

“One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my father is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be.”

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.” Benjamin Franklin


“Nothing I've ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children.” Bill Cosby


“The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them.” Confucius


“My father always told me, "Find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life.” Jim Foxlll


“Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice”


“The worst misfortune that can happen to an ordinary man is to have an extraordinary father”


“A father's words are like a thermostat that sets the temperature in the house” Paul Lewis


“A father is a fellow who has replaced the currency in his wallet with the snapshots of his kids.”


“I grew up to have my father's looks- my father's speech patterns-my father's posture- my father's opinions and my mother's contempt for my father” Jules Feiffer


“None of you can ever be proud enough of being the child of such a Father who has not his equal in this world -- so great, so good, so faultless. Try, all of you, to follow in his footsteps and don't be discouraged, for to be really in everything like him none of you, I am sure, will ever be. Try, therefore, to be like him in some points, and you will have acquired a great deal.” Queen Victoria


“Until you have a son of your own . . . you will never know the joy, the love beyond feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son. You will never know the sense of honor that makes a man want to be more than he is and to pass something good and hopeful into the hands of his son. And you will never know the heartbreak of the fathers who are haunted by the personal demons that keep them from being the men they want their sons to be.” Kent Nerburn


“He who is taught to live upon little owes more to his father's wisdom than he who has a great deal left him does to his father's care.” William Penn


“Any father whose son raises his hand against him is guilty of having produced a son who raised his hand against him.” Charles Peguy


“I know that I will never find my father in any other man who comes into my life, because it is a void in my life that can only be filled by him.” Halle Berry


“The kind of man who thinks that helping with the dishes is beneath him will also think that helping with the baby is beneath him, and then he certainly is not going to be a very successful father” Eleanor Roosevelt


“When I was a boy I used to do what my father wanted. Now I have to do what my boy wants. My problem is: When am I going to do what I want?” Sam Levenson

blog comments powered by Disqus